What are cookies?
“Cookies” are small software tags that are stored on access equipment through the browser (browser), retaining only information related to preferences, not including, as such, personal data.
What are Cookies for?
Cookies are used to help determine the usefulness, interest and number of uses of websites, allowing faster and more efficient navigation, eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
What kind of cookies are there?
There are two groups of cookies that can be used
- Permanent Cookies – they are cookies that are stored at the browser level on access devices (PC, mobile and tablet) and are used whenever you visit one of Altice Portugal’s websites again. They are generally used to direct navigation to the user’s interests, allowing for a more personalized service.
- Session Cookies – are temporary cookies that remain in your browser’s cookie file until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies is used to analyze traffic patterns on the web, allowing to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
- Analytical cookies – They are used anonymously for the purpose of creating and analyzing statistics, in order to improve the functioning of the website.
- Functionality Cookies – They keep the user’s preferences regarding the use of the website, so that it is not necessary to reconfigure the website each time you visit it.
- Third party cookies – They measure the success of applications and the effectiveness of third-party advertising. They can also be used to customize a widget with user data.
- Advertising cookies – They target advertising according to the interests of each user, in order to target advertising campaigns taking into account the users’ tastes, and, in addition, they limit the number of times you see the ad, helping to measure the effectiveness of advertising and the success of the website organization.
How can I manage cookies?
All browsers allow the user to accept, refuse or delete cookies, and also inform the user whenever a cookie is received, namely by selecting the appropriate settings in the respective browser. The user can set cookies in the “options” or “preferences” menu of his browser.
Note, however, that by disabling cookies, you can prevent some web services from working correctly, affecting, partially or totally, navigation on the website.